Designed 2 Deliver Cover Guide
D2D includes all the standard clauses provided within traditional design and build insurance:
· Errors & Omissions
· Mitigation costs and expenses
· Your liability for errors of sub contractors/sub consultants
· Libel and slander
· Dishonest, fraudulent, criminal and malicious acts or omissions of employees
· Loss of documents
· Inadvertent breach of patents/copyrights
D2D also includes the following:
These benefits are not included within the basic cover of traditional policy wordings.
· Automatic Immediate Mitigation of Potential Claims – this allows the insured a period in which to act prior to notifying the insurer
· Automatic Joint Venture Cover – the insured is automatically insured when acting as a member of joint ventures and consortia.
· Automatic Cover for New and Acquired Companies – At a time of consolidation in the industry, this allows for the automatic inclusion of new and acquired companies.
· Implied Fitness for Purpose
· Duty to Warn – The insured is covered in the event of their failure to warn the client of a potential problem.
· Difference in Conditions (DIC) / Difference in Limits (DIL) – D2D dovetails with other policies.
· Broader range of Activities Covered.
· Non-avoidance - An innocent Non-Disclosure clause.
· Reinstatements to Policy Limits available.